Friday, April 10, 2009

Ohanami Tea

Last Sunday we gathered at Laura and Karin's house for Ohanami and an outdoor tea ceremony.

A flurry of activity always precedes the quiet of chado, and this morning was no different. We gathered up dogu, made a batch of sakura mochi to share. Just as we were getting ready to leave the house, I turned to Harvey in a panic, "Wait! I forgot chabana!" I started to get my garden shears and was headed towards the back door when he stopped me.

"Honey," he said with a hint of exasperation, pausing for emphasis. "You'll be under a cherry tree."

Oh. Right.

From Ohanami Tea 04/05/09


We enjoyed tea under the cherry tree, with buzzing bees and hummingbirds and a curious cat. The tea color was so much brighter in the sunshine than in the dim light of our chashitsu.

No comments: